Encinitas4Equality’s Housing Committee mission is to increase housing access for low-income and BIPOC individuals in Encinitas. Our vision is to actualize a city that provides viable and affordable housing options for people, and especially BIPOC people, of all income levels and phases of life. We also believe education on home buying is instrumental in creating pathways for our diverse communities to have purchase power in the housing market.
We do this by advocating for policy changes in regard to zoning, changing the NIMBY (not in my backyard) mindset to YIMBY (yes in my backyard). It is our belief that all Encinitas residents benefit from diversity and want to open the doors to homes for all those interested.
If you need a place to stay tonight or in the near future, please call 2-1-1 or visit this website: 211sandiego.org
Feb 4 2021 – Eviction Moratorium Extension: Governor Newsome announced that the Eviction Moratorium has been extended through June 30, 2021. A portion of the rent must be paid, and all unpaid rents are owed and must be paid through an arrangement with the property owner/manager.
Feb 4 2021 – Financial Assistance for Renters: the State announced that that $2.6 billion in Federal funding has been allocated for rental and owners of small rental property. Read the announcement here.
ENCINITAS CITY INFO
Encinitas City Housing. Phone Line: (760) 633-2723. Email: email@example.com
- Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- Fair Housing
- For Developers & Property Managers
- For Homeowners & Home Buyers
- For Renters
- Homeless Resources
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Mobile Home Resources
- Inclusionary Housing
SAN DIEGO COUNTY INFO
- San Diego County’s COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program, available in Arabic, Tagalog, and Spanish
- Resources and information on eviction moratoriums
- Rental Assistance and Affordable Housing Directory 2020
- Emergency Shelter Locations
- Apply for Rental Assistance
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. To file a Section 504 complaint, contact the Housing Authority of the County of San Diego at: (858) 694-4801.
- Learn About Homeownership
- Get Rental Help
- Find Homeless Resources
- Talk To A Housing Counselor
- Make a Local Fair Housing Complaint
- HUD Homes for Sale
- Disaster Assistance
- Most Requested
- Homeownership Assistance
- Multifamily Housing
- Locate a shelter near you
- Locate a food pantry near you
- Locate free clothing near you
- Homeless assistance
- Housing assistance
- Resource locator