Virtual Wellness Fair
On Saturday January 31st Encinitas4Equality is hosting a Virtual Wellness Fair. Tune in from 8am to noon PST for speakers, healers, and instructors.
8:00 – 8:15am: Pranayama & Intuitive Reading with Hillary & Chandler
8:20 – 8:40am: Yoga flow
8:50 – 9:20am: Mental Wellness Talk with Uche
9:30 – 10:00am: Sound Healing with Lauren
10:05 – 10:35am: Exploration of centering self-connection as healing self-care with Euni
10:40 – 11:10am: Bootcamp Workout
11:10 – 11:40am: Wellness with Latonya Powell
Closing & Intentions with Hillary
Move into Black History Month with Intention
Why wellness? You may be asking yourself, “what does wellness have to do with racial equality and equity?,” so let us try to explain. For many of us White activists and White people in general, wellness (especially in Encinitas) is a part of our daily lives:
- We have access to a hundred different yoga classes a day and can afford teacher training when it calls to us.
- We can walk into any classroom, anywhere and see people who look like us.
- We know the benefits of mindfulness, breathwork, mantra and can turn to this in times of stress.
- We talk regularly about “our therapists” and have largely removed the stigma about seeking mental health care.
- Our companies provide healthcare insurance, and we are taken seriously by doctors when we share discomfort and ailments.
This is the largely the truth for White America and wellness, and while there are those who’s economic status may lessen access, there is still representation in all areas of wellness. Now take everything I said above and understand for communities of color and wellness, all the above is the opposite. Access is difficult. Representation almost non-exist. Knowledge of the benefits and the time to utilize them, lacking. The stigma for seeking mental health assistance is very negative & Black patients are far less likely to be believed by doctors about their pains and conditions. This is why wellness is a pillar of our community group, when the communities that most need wellness & care can’t access it, we hope to lead on changing this. Join us for a virtual wellness fair led by Black instructors and speakers and centered primarily around “why wellness & equality”.
Link above to tickets – all donation based.